Our Mission & Vision
The 3-21 Foundation’s mission is to advance innovations in education and cognition for people with Down syndrome so they can be empowered to pursue their dreams.
We envision a world in which people with Down syndrome are valued, included and given the opportunity to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Empower families to be effective advocates for their loved ones with Down syndrome
- To serve as a source of information regarding educational best practices, current research and effective teaching strategies that promote the independence and inclusion of people with Down syndrome
- To further the understanding of cognition, cognitive enhancement and cognitive therapies, and to advance viable therapies for cognitive enhancement in people with Down syndrome
- To advocate for improved education, community inclusion and independence for people with Down syndrome to enable them to be fully contributing members in their community
- To protect and promote the rights of people with Down syndrome
- To collaborate with other Down syndrome groups and community partners at the local, state, national and international level
- To better educate the public about Down syndrome
We are a non-profit organization exempt from federal and state income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, registered as a public charity pursuant to the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts under Chapter 12, Section 8E.
The 3-21 Foundation was incorporated on March 18, 2010.